Repair paper with heat-activated adhesive. 2 cm x 50 m roll.
- 8.5 g/m2 light, transparent, technical Japanese paper,
- coated with heatactivated acrylic-acid ester copolymer,
- the paper is free of lignin and hemicellulose, with a high percentage of alpha cellulose,
- the adhesive contains no softeners, is ageing-resistant, colourless and does not yellow,
- Magnesium carbonate in the adhesive neutralises acids that may arise and migrate into the adhesive layer when paper fibres in old papers degrade,
- the adhesive provides good adhesion with high bending stiffness, even repeated bending will not loosen the seal,
- the sealing temperature must be over 100 °C,
- filmoplast® R is reversible,
- the lamination can be removed in a water bath or with alcohol. Attention! If using alcohol, check the solvent-resistance of the document first (scripture, stamping ink, etc.).
Fields of application:
filmoplast® R is the ideal product for maintenance of modern papers and newspapers, retaining the paper character of the original. Due to the low thickness of the material, filmoplast® R is hardly visible. The ageing resistance of the material was certified by PTS (Papiertechnische Stiftung München, Heidenau PBA-No.: 21.495/3). Continuous embedding from the roll is possible with the HSM hot-sealing machines. Fragmented documents can be joined up on the worktable of these machines and embedded between two layers of filmoplast® R to form complete documents again. In order to invisibly repair tears, small rolls of filmoplast R can be used and sealed with a heating iron.