Menthol in crystalline form, purest quality, melting range 43 - 45 °C.
The volatile binding medium can be used as an alternative to Cyclododecane. For temporary sealing, strengthening and hydrophobization of objects, for transport protection and as a release agent or filler for the production of molds. Suitable for protecting deeper layers during aqueous surface cleaning or exposure.
A layer thickness of about 500 μm is sufficient to provide stability for about two weeks.
Compared to Cyclododecane:
- Faster sublimation rate
- Lower melting point
- Slower solidification in the molten state, making it easier to apply with a brush
- Forms dense and uniform film, making it more suitable as a release agent or filler for making molds with silicone rubber
- Soluble in polar solvents
- Appearance: solid, colorless, crystalline
- Molecular formula: C10H20O
- Solubility in water: Practically insoluble
- Solubility solvents: Very soluble in alcohol, in ether and light petroleum, in oils and fats
- Melting range: 43 - 45 °C
- Flash point: 93 °C
- Boiling point: 212 °C
- In Solution: Clear and colorless
- Sublimation: 0.04 mm/24 h
- Residual: max. 0.05 % (after complete evaporation)
- Toxicity: non-toxic